Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Power Tool Drag Races!

Now I can't have a blog called "A more interesting life" and have it all be about fun things like cleaning out my closet and resumes. Sometimes you just have to deal with the boring stuff too.

I am in week three of The Artist’s Way (Goal #61). One of the things you are supposed to do is take yourself on “artist dates” to fill the well and replenish your spirit. In other (less new-agey) words, all work and no play makes Shaw a really bored and frustrated girl.

I found out about the
races online and it sounded too unusual to miss. It also seemed like a good opportunity to take some interesting photos. I was right. Enjoy!

The race track. You can't see it from this angle, but there is a huge pile of old mattresses at the end to stop the machines.

Scary clown head, not sure what it had to do with anything, but it made a good picture.



This one was called "War Criminal" the playing cards in the spokes have President Bush, Dick Cheney, etc. Unfortunately, this one just sat there and resurfaced the track when they turned it on.



I'm not sure what this one was made of, but they did tell me that angle grinders were one of the most popular tools to modify.

29 mph was a good speed for these things/tools/mechanisms? I'm not sure what they're called, but they were fun to watch. Even when they didn't go, and just sanded the track.

Now you can't have drag races without a flag girl, can you?

The man in the sombrero is the fire crew. No kidding.

No comments: