Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I'm Back!

I was in Houston last week. Did you miss me?

Technically, I was in Sugar Land, but it's so close, it might as well be Houston. Sugar Land is the former site of the Imperial Sugar Company. Once it was cane fields as far as the eye could see. Now it's filled with high tech /oil companies and the place is booming.

I stayed at the Marriott Town Square, which is quite nice. They have strange, split-level desks in their rooms, but still nice. I ate at a restaurant called Japaneiros (Brazilian-Japanese cuisine) which was made even better by my not having to pay for it.

I got a chance to see friends I haven't seen in almost a year, I met other people working in my field, and I got to see my parents. All in all a good trip.

Now, back to real life. Yee ha!!

No comments: