Monday, April 14, 2008

A wild weekend


I had an eventful weekend. My friend Laura introduced me to her friends Sonya and Kirby, who were visiting from out of town. Sonya had a list of places she just had to go, so we went to a few of those and a few she hadn’t heard of and a good time was had by all.

I’m a bit tired from being out so late, but it was worth it. (I usually start nodding off around 10:30, so getting home at 2-3 am was a big change for me.) The only thing I’d change is I wouldn’t eat so much. I simply cannot eat that way anymore, and I think the oil/butter content at Crustacean could easily have been cut in half without any adverse affect on the food. It’s not that it wasn’t good, but it was greasy. I felt heavy and ill after eating it.

For me, the highlight of the evening was Café Cocomo, a salsa club. I love to dance, I love salsa, and I love live music. I have to go back, maybe regularly. As a way to burn calories, it would be a lot more fun than the treadmill.

I also spent some time taking photos, as you can see. The frog just fell out of my screen door when I went out on the patio to water my plants. He may be tiny, but he’s fast. I tried to move him to get a better shot, and he just took off.

No comments: