Monday, October 6, 2008

The Pursuit of Hotness: 1st Post

In spite of all the successes I’ve posted, this has not been a successful project, because I have not only not achieved any progress on this goal, but have in fact gone backward. I refer to:

Goal number 64. lose 100 lbs.

I didn’t list it as goal number 1, even though it was the first thing I thought of when I started this, because I truly do think there are more important and interesting things in this world than my size.

But it seems to be the one thing that a lot of the others depend on. How successful a marathoner can I be if I’m carry 100 plus pounds extra weight? How successful will I be at dating and falling in love (not very, I know this from experience.) Sexy underwear, bathing suits, etc. Not very likely. I'm reluctant to try kayaking because I'm afraid I'll get stuck in the boat.
So I am going to redirect this blog a little. I’m not changing the name, and I will keep posting about festivals, art, cooking, and places to visit, because they are the things that make up “A More Interesting Life”. But I will be making weight loss (aka The Pursuit of Hotness) a regular feature.

So in the interests of full disclosure, the following stats:

Height: 5 feet, 6 inches.
Weight: 256 lbs

Goal weight: 145 lbs
Pounds to go: 111

I’ll post a picture later, when I take one. Wish me luck.

No comments: