Monday, October 13, 2008

The Pursuit of Hotness and Comic Art

My weight: 257 lbs. I was doing ok until yesterday, when I went to a friend’s birthday party. In a bowling alley. It is not possible to find healthy food in a bowling alley. Everything was either fried, or had sausage on it, or both. I only had one portion, no seconds, but I guess that was still too much. And it’s not like bowling is the most vigorous activity in the world. My arm hurt, but let’s face it, taking 3 steps before bowling is not really a cardio workout.

My goal for this week is to exercise for 30 minutes every day. No excuses. I find time to feed my face, so I can find time to move my backside. And I get to use my new sneakers.




Aren’t they pretty? (And yes, I know I need to vacuum the carpet)

In other news, I accomplished goal # 17 Visit the Cartoon Art Museum in San Francisco. They had exhibits of Harvey Comics (Casper the Friendly Ghost, Richie Rich) and a really lovely series of paintings about totoro as part of the Totoro Forest Project. (and if you haven’t seen “My Neighbor Totoro”, rent it! It will be worth your time, I promise. )


The real treat was an exhibit of cartoons that I hadn't heard of before, "The K Chronicles". Funny and smart. If you are in the area, take a look.

No comments: