Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Tomatoes! and an update

I went to the farmer’s market in El Cerrito last week, and nearly hurt myself trying not to buy everything in sight. Such beautiful produce! I just wanted to fill my car and then cook all day.
Instead I contented myself with buying a bag of cherry tomatoes.

I still bought way too much (eyes bigger than stomach), so I made 'Oven-dried Tomatoes'. Very simple, next to no labor, just slice’em in half, moisten with oil and put in the oven on very low temperature until chewy. They make great sandwiches, are nice stirred into a risotto, or tossed with pasta, and they last longer than fresh. And did I mention it makes the house smell terrific?


So, how’s the project going?

#49 See Shakespeare in the park. I say Pericles on Labor Day Weekend in San Francisco. It was a really unique version, They set the play in Appalachia (a fictional Appalachia, one with oceans), and the music was very traditional, ending with “I Am Weary, Let Me Rest”.

#98. Put together a car maintenance folder. Done! I got together all the bills I’d saved and logged them all in a book, which I am keeping in the car. Now when I take the car in and they ask me “when was the rotator gasket last aligned?” and "did you pin tuck the carbeurator flange?" I’ll be able to tell them.

#59. Buy a decent pair of ballroom shoes. I did this in July, when I went to watch Laura compete. They actually fit! (not easy when you have wide feet) I was so inspired that I asked my instructor to include me in the year-end showcase, and we are putting together a foxtrot.

As you can see, progress is being made, slowly. I haven't been paying as much attention as I should. But I am back to updating the blog, and other entries are being planned, even as I type.

No comments: